Last Updated: August 21, 2019
Description of Users and Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of using the Meridian Life Balance Website, and the Services, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
The following are examples of the personal information that we collect:
- Personal Information:
By registering on our Website, contacting us via email, signing up for our newsletter, filling out a form on our Website, writing a product review, or taking a quiz, you will be asked to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your first name, email address, gender, age, zip code and any information about yourself that you choose to submit as part of your inquiry. If you would like to make a purchase on our Website, you will be required to provide us with additional personal information about yourself, such as your full name, and shipping address. All information that we receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.” We do not collect any Personal Information from Visitors when they use the Website, unless they provide such information voluntarily.
- Billing Information:
- Order Information:
When Customers place an order on lifemedicinals.com, we will also collect and/or receive certain information, including but not limited to, the Products purchased (“Order Information”).
- Other Information:
In addition to the Personal Information, Order Information and Billing Information, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”) using the following technologies. Such Other Information may include:
• From Your Activity:
In an ongoing effort to improve the Website and the Services, we automatically collect certain information when Visitors visit the Website, and when Customers use the Services. Such information includes, without limitation, IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website Visitors visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Services.
• From Cookies:
“Cookies” are small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain of our web page, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
• From Third-Party Analytics:
For Google Analytics, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics
For Segment.io, please visit: https://segment.com/docs/legal/privacy/
For Intercom, please visit: https://docs.intercom.com/pricing-privacy-and-terms/intercom-inc-privacy-policy
For Mixpanel, please visit: https://mixpanel.com/privacy/
For Hotjar, please visit: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our website, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
How We Use Information
Meridian Life Balance primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may use your information to track your purchase history and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
How We Share Information
Meridian Life Balance may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
• Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. If you sign up for our newsletter and are a U.S. client, we share this email list information with our third party advertising agency Google and with Facebook and Wix to help them better target marketing email deployments and advertising to consumers. Google, Facebook and Wix do not have the right to share email addresses or any specific email activity data with other third parties that are not Meridian Life Balance service providers (although they may share aggregate/non-specific activity data). Should you wish to opt out of this sharing, you simply need to opt out of email communications from us, either through the unsubscribe function in WooCommerce or by contacting through email directly.
• Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you share a link to our product information with your followers on Twitter, that information will be posted on Twitter.
• Other instances. Meridian Life Balance may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
• Business transition. Meridian Life Balance may share your personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of Meridian Life Balance, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to those described in this policy. Meridian Life Balance may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
Meridian Life Balance may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
• Aggregate information. We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
• Behavioral-based advertising. A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
How We Protect Your Information
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances. In particular, email sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
• Updating or Correcting the Personal Information Relating to Your Account: You can update or correct your name, email address, and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the “Account” page, or by contacting through email directly.
• Receiving newsletters and promotional emails: You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email that you receive, or by contacting through email directly.
• Behavioral Based Advertising: You can opt-out of some, but not all, online behavioral based advertising by clicking here or by using your browser settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
• Remove content from user review: You can remove content that you posted on a Meridian Life Balance public space, such as part of a product review, by emailing details to email@example.com. Note that we will endeavor to honor your request to remove information, however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or “caches,” may remain.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
When registering with our Website, customers may opt out of having their Information used for purposes not directly related to the provision of goods or services through our Website. Customers may also access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by following the instructions found on the Website. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Meridian Life Balance marketing email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with Meridian Life Balance.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website, the Services, and their servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website and/or the Services, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
Florida Privacy Notice
If you are a Florida resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from our Site (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at the address, telephone or email below.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How to Contact Us